Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Interview with international makeup artist Steve Brian Harris

    Decide your career can be difficult, to know where to start, even more. Thinking about this Lilac Fashion interviewed some professionals in fashion for sharing with us a bit of their career and portfolio.
    This week we interviewed Steven Brian Harris, make up artist.




    Full Name: Steven Brian Harris

    Age: 28

    Where did you studied?
    LA Make-Up Academy Dublin, Ireland

    When did you decide that you wanted to be a make up artist? 
    When I was a little boy playing in my mother's makeup bag.

    In your opinion what is the best way to achieve a make up artist career?  
    Practice, and a little training from a great school. Working with the best in business. Getting in inspired by everything around you, not just other makeup looks.

    Tell us more about your work. (details about best places you've worked, people you've worked with etc).
    Being a well-rounded makeup artist I'm fortunate enough to be able to work in all areas where makeup is needed.  I've done work for RTE where I was showcased as a body paiter for a Halloween special on the popular show "4 Live".  The look was from the Blockbuster James Cameron film "Avatar."  For TV Now Magazine I did a spread and a cover that featured the cast of the long running Irish Soap "Fair City"  I currently work part time for Smashbox Cosmetics in Clerys on O'Connell St. while balancing my freelance stuff on the side.  It's exiting because I never know from day to day what I am going to be called to do.












    What is the best make up brand for you?
     I am a MAC man at heart. I love the brand, and the payoff I get from using it.  There are also lots of color options there.

    Some easy tips for everybody daily make up:  
    Concentrate on a flawless complexion. (which starts with great skin care)  You can wear the most beautiful eyeshadows in the world, but if your foundation isn't great it throws everything else off.

    What is the best part of your job? 
    The best part of my job is getting to work with so many different people, with different needs and personalities.  You could be doing makeup for a bride today, and then be asked to do a full body paint tomorrow.  So exiting!!

    What are your future plans?  
    My future plans are to become an internationallly established makeup artist, working with all the big brands and names, and then eventually creating, marketing, and selling my own cosmetics line.


    Thank you Steven for sharing with us a bit of your work!
    I hope these tips are helpful for those wishing to pursue this career.

Post Title

Interview with international makeup artist Steve Brian Harris


Post URL

http://celebrityssexy.blogspot.com/2011/06/interview-with-international-makeup.html


Visit Celebrity Sexy Evening for Daily Updated Celebrity Sexy Evening

Popular Posts

My Blog List